Tentative AgendaOur next meeting will be held:
Friday, July 10, 2020
12:30 - 2:00 PM
The X-ray Sky in High Focus:
Twenty Years of Science with the Chandra X-ray Observatory
Daniel Patnaude Astrophysicist at the Harvard Astronomical Observatory
Abstract: Since its launch in the summer of 1999, the Chandra X-ray Observatory has provided a stunning view of some of the most energetic processes in the Universe. In this talk, I will present an overview of how high energy astrophysicists detect X-rays, and discuss the unique capabilities of the Chandra X-ray Observatory. I will then highlight many of the remarkable and noteworthy results from this NASA flagship mission, and discuss what is in store for Chandra and the X-ray astronomy community in the coming decade.
We unfortunately cannot offer our traditional free lunch, and we are not quite ready to reintroduce the networking portion of the meeting, but we do hope to hear from our subgroups and new folks before our featured speaker.
Please note, you must register to get the Zoom meeting link to attend the meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. To add the event to your calendar, click the “Add to Calendar” link on the registration page or in your registration confirmation email.
- W3 W.G. - Miriam Leigh/Kevin Newman/Samantha Timpano/Susan Welby
- Women in Technology W.G. - Anisha Asundi/Elizabeth Clark/Deirdre Schreiber/Donna Tremonte
- Security W.G. - Stanley Paul
- Technology in Education W.G. - Brandon Bentley/Susan Goldstein/Roy Guyton
- Agile W.G. - Matt Carlson/Meenakshi (Meena) Pandey/Lisa Sheehan
- OpenScholar W.G. - Katherine Brodoff/Joe Weiner
- Salesforce W.G. - Jerome Harris/Georgina Pager/Patrick McNeal
- GIS W.G. - Jeff Blossom/Giovanni Zambotti
- LMA W.G. - David Morgan/Mick Timony
- Other Group Reports
- New folks
- SPECIAL PRESENTATION
- Old Business
- New Business